Warranty & Maintenance
Cosmopolitan Shutters and Blinds Australia Warrants to the Cosmopolitan Shutters and Blinds purchaser that the Window Furnishings Product set out
below will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a Period of 5 Years for ALL Internal and External Produts whilst Polymer Shutters enjoy a 20 year Warranty.
Cosmopolitans Shutters and Blinds Australia’s obligation is limited to Repair or Replacement of the Product or Componentry found to be defective and includes Installation costs for a period of12 Months from Date of purchase. After this period a Service Fee will apply.
Cosmopolitan Shutters and Blinds Australia reserves the right to discharge its obligation under this Warranty by refunding the original purchase price of the product.
Warranty Claims Must Be Accompanied by Proof of Purchase.
This Warranty Does NOT Cover Damage Caused By,
- Misuse, abuse or accident
- Normal wear and Tear, nor changes in the product which occur normally with the passage of time.
- Exposure to elements (Sun) discoloration, warping of Natural Products and Natural Variation of
Colour and Grain to certain products.
- Exposure to Marine Environment, Including salt spray, Moisture Laden Air and Corrosive Environments.
- Storm damage, tempest, lightening or act of God.
- Awnings are NOT to be left out in Fresh winds at any time.
- Electrician costs are NOT covered to connect or did connect Motorised products.
- Scaffolding, Scissor Lifts and Cherry Pickers are NOT Covered under Warranty, it is the consumers responsibility to ensure clear and safe access to the product is available.
- Failure to follow the care and Cleaning Instructions as provided by Cosmopolitan Shutters and Blinds Australia.
- Any modification or Installation carried out by any person other than a Cosmopolitan Shutters and Blinds Australia Technician.
- Goods must be Paid in Full.
- Warranty is not transferable.
- The Warranty is for the benefit of the original purchaser, who purchased the Products and does not cover rental premises or commerical applications.
Our goods and services come with the guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian
Consumer Law. www.consumerlaw.gov.au.
Maintenance **Important to Maintain Warranty**
Having a regular maintenance program for all products offered by Cosmopolitan Shutters & Blinds is advisable to ensure the long life of the products and to protect your warranty.
It is important that harsh abrasives or chlorine-based cleaners are not used on any of our products as these cleaners may affect the surface and durability of the Shutters or Blinds. Any damage caused due to these products being used will fall into the category of misuse/neglect and will not be covered by warranty.
Areas including those affected by salt water, marine and coastal environments will require more frequent maintenance such as coating all metal parts with a silicone based lubricant. Also weekly washing and cleaning to remove salt deposits is required – especially with exterior aluminium shutters. This is very important as the company accepts no responsibility for stainless steel, plated steel and powder coated products that are used in these environments.
*External Aluminium Shutters limited to 2 Years Warranty in Harsh Environments*
IMPORTANT – It is the client’s full responsibility to have Body Corporate approval for all Internal and External Window Coverings if required.